Granges de Port-Royal-des-Champs
Under this denomination, we understand, among other things: the house of the "Petites Ecoles", the farm of Granges de Port-Royal with the well of Pascal, the press house, the cowshed, the barn, the courtyard and the garden. Building that became historic monument in 1953 and was listed in 1972.
The barns belong to the State and are administered by the Fine-Arts of Paris.
It is a museum open to the public, a part of which is used as a house for the keeper. The domain of Granges de Port-Royal is an old stronghold of the Monastery where the Solitaires settled with their "Petites Ecoles". The "Petites Ecoles" were built in 1651-1652. Then some buildings were added to them.
Its domain became a National Museum in 1952. It consists of the school building and its outbuildings. The "Petites Ecoles" became the Jansenism museum.
"A. Arnauld, B. Pascal, L. M. De Sacy, J. Hamon, De Sevigné, P. Nicolle, J. Racine, A. D'Andilly are some of the people who lived in this solitary house between 1648 and 1679".
Extract from the Monograph "Magny-les-Hameaux from the origins to 1900" written by Mr. And Mrs. Vatan, the teachers at the time (28th September 1899).